This week I’m bringing you another recipe. This is a zippy, zesty potato salad that I like to serve warm. I was hesitant to call this a potato salad since it isn’t creamy but since I use a vinaigrette to add the amazing flavour I figured why not call it a salad. I’ve been making this for a few years now and every time I make it for people it gets rave reviews. As mentioned this potato salad has no cream to it so it’s nice and light. I hope you’ll try this and let me know what you think 🙂
Zesty Vinaigrette Potato Salad
2-3 lbs baby potatoes
1/4 C red wine vinegar
Zest from 1 lemon
1/4 C lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 Tbsp capers
1 bunch fresh dill (~3-4 Tbsp roughly chopped)
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
– Cut the baby potatoes in half or quarters depending on size. I like them to be about 1 inch chunks.
– Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water for about 20-30 minutes. You want the potatoes to be almost over cooked, the should start to get ‘fluffy’ looking on the outside.
– While the potatoes are cooking prep your vinaigrette. Zest the lemon into a bowl (if you don’t have a zester you can use a small grater), add in the red wine vinegar, squeeze in the lemon juice (half a lemon should be enough), add the salt and pepper then whisk in your olive oil.
– Chop the capers roughly and set aside.
– Chop the dill roughly and set aside.
– Once the potatoes are cooked drain them and put them in a large serving bowl (or back in the pot if you don’t want to dirty another dish haha). Then sprinkle the dill in, and the capers then pour the vinaigrette over the potatoes. Toss to coat. Taste and more salt if needed. Serve warm.
Thanks and until next time, enjoy your adventures!