Hi food friends,
I love to snack! Snacking doesn’t typically go hand in hand with healthy eating. I try my best to keep lots of fruit and veggies in the house so when I’m feeling peckish in the evenings I have something healthy to grab but sometimes I just want something salty and crunchy. These kale chips hit the spot while still remaining quilt free. They are easy to make and can be stored in an air tight bag for a couple of days (though they probably won’t stick around for that long).
Give this recipe a try the next time you want to have a clean snack.
Parmesan Kale Chips
– 1 bunch of Kale
– olive oil in a spritzer
– 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
– Preheat oven to 350F
– Remove the middle rib from each kale leaf. Then cut into “chip” sized pieces (about 2″ square).
– Use a salad spinner to rinse and dry your kale.
– Place kale in a single layer on 2 baking sheets. Spray lightly with olive oil.
– Place in oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully turn the kale chips over. Careful because the pan is hot! Sprinkle 1T of Parmesan on each tray doing your best to get the cheese actually on the kale. (I do this slowly and pretty close to the kale so it doesn’t just jump off). Put trays back in oven for 2 mins. Remove from oven and allow to cool on tray before transferring to a bowl to serve. Be gentle when transferring as they are quite fragile little chips.
*Tip keep close watch on your kale while it is baking. It can go from done to burnt very quickly. When it is done it usually will make a slight sizzling sound from the oven*
Thanks and until next time, enjoy your adventures!