Hi food friends!
My typical breakfast is a good healthy smoothie but every once in a while I get tired of that and need something new so I came up with this quinoa breakfast cups recipe as a good healthy alternate. They are easy to make and last in the fridge about a week and they also freeze well for an easy grab and go breakfast on the run.
The recipe uses 4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs which helps keep this a little bit of a lighter recipe but if you prefer you can use 5 whole eggs instead.
Quinoa Breakfast Cups
– 2 Cups cooked quinoa
– 1 Cup grated zucchini
– 1 Cup grated sharp cheddar (or any good cheese you have on hand would work)
– 1/2 Cup fine chopped ham (about 200g)
– 4 egg white
– 2 whole eggs
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 2 green onions, finely chopped
– 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
– Parchment paper
– Preheat oven to 400F
– Mix together all ingredients.
– Cut rounds of parchment paper the size of the bottom of the muffin tin. Place rounds in bottom of muffin tin then spray or brush pan with oil. Be liberal with the oil or these will stick.
– Spoon quinoa mixture into muffin tins till they are just full. This should fill a tray of 12.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely then use a knife to lossen around the sides and pop out.
Thanks and until next time, enjoy your adventures!